Thursday, September 4, 2008

Stranglehold Second Play-through


My second play-through Stranglehold was thoroughly more enjoyable than the first, marred only by some occasional skipping of the action on my Playstation 3. The freezing was less apparent on my first run, maybe it has something to do with me turning up the difficulty a notch from casual to normal? Anyway the game froze on two occasion causing me to reluctantly force-shut down the machine and later downloading the patch for the game. i wonder if the patch actually did any good apart from adding a new hard boiled difficulty mode?

I also took the time to do some shopping at Woo bar stand and watch all the development footage and sketches, not bad i especially liked the how to make a paper crane demonstrated by a origami master. I don't think i ever replay a game immediately after finishing it before but Stranglehold was an incredibly short game i just had to experience it again. Judging from my scores, i really didn't improve much from my first go, i doubt i'll be able to survive hard boiled mode.

Enemies defeated - 1234
Highest style combo - 33
Style point earned - 2884
Paper cranes found - 96
Damage to world - $ 153,664,459

Overall ranking - C

No comments: