Saturday, October 17, 2015

Be The Maker

Before Mario Maker


It seems like Mario Maker was what the Wii U system needed after all.  A game that puts the power of creation in the players hand and thrive on community participation. In today's society where everyone has a voice that wants to be heard, Nintendo has created the perfect modern nostalgic game.

Creating a good level is not easy, there is no substitute for creativity so spending hours making a level doesn't necessarily result in a good one. I learnt that the hard way slaving over the level design without much inspiration. Sometimes a good idea pops up by accident when working on the level but one idea alone is never enough to sustain a whole level. So I rather just keep the level on save and continue to work on it instead of uploading on impulse when it really isn't good enough.

Still this game will keep me busy for a long time so Fatal Frame V might just have to wait a little longer. Games aren't cheap these days and getting more than one in a month is not a good habit I want to fall back into. Plus I'm not lucky enough to have a generous wife to spoil me when I control my spending habits.

After Mario Maker

No comments: