Friday, February 15, 2008

Eternal Wrath

Ever read IGN's review of Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube? Eternal Darkness was one of the most critically-acclaimed Gamecube game upon release and IGN review has to be the most biased review i have ever read. You see, i bought the game based solely on this as i have never seen any demos or previews of the game and upon finishing it yesterday, i must say i ended up feeling a little shortchanged. The game was good no doubt but no where as good as IGN made it out to be. In fact, IGN had my expectations blew out of proportions so much so that there was no way the game could even meet or exceed it.
I decided to make my opinion of this known on Gamefaqs' message board of the game as their message board are usually still active if the game is popular, even if it's an old game. I must say my post attracted the wrath of many Eternal Darkness/Silicon Knights' fanboys fury. The funny thing was most of them mistakenly thought i was bashing the game rather than the biased IGN review! Fanboys will always be fanboys and defend their heroes to the bitter end. Same with me i guess, part of my unhappiness with the review stems from the fact the reviewer kept making unfair comparisons to Resident Evil and even bash the series at every chance he gets. Worse, this very same reviewer later ask everyone to buy the Wii edition of Resident Evil 4 even if you already owned previous version. I will keep my opinions of the reviewer to myself but isn't it plain obvious how biased he can get?

No comments: