Monday, April 28, 2008

Four Faces of Evil

The other day while I was bragging on a local forum about owning four copies of Resident Evil 4, someone was quick to ask how did i end up with four versions where there are only three version released? Of course i didn't realised then that he was wrong and there are actually four versions of Resident Evil 4 available, namely the original GC version, the PS2 port, PC port and finally Wii edition. Anyways a picture paints a thousand words and i thought this picture of my recently arrived Resident Evil 4 Wii edition (thanks play!) along with my other copies would best depict the many different version of Resident Evil 4.

Now before you think I'm crazy about Resident Evil 4, I would like to point out that this is merely the result of a little poor planning and timing. Of course if Capcom would quit milking Resident Evil 4, I would have probably save a couple of bucks in the process too. You see, I first got hold of the Japanese edition of Biohazard 4 as i thought it had the best cover of all the versions plus it came with a cool pre-order gift. Later i discovered that the japanese version of Biohazard 4 was censored due to being rated by the new CERO so i have to get another version, with the Asian version offering english language and backwards compatible with the Playstation3 here i thought it was the best alternative. Of course, i later end up buying a Nintendo Wii first before my Playstation3 so I quickly grab the Gamecube version while i could still find the non-Player's Choice version as i believed it was the first and still the best version available, a large part being the fact that it was the only version supervised by Shinji Mikami before moving on to other projects. Finally i couldn't resist not getting the Wii edition to round up the collection though bear in mind, there are still other versions missing from my collection here. So since i have always made it a point that the box art does matter to me, which would be my pick as the best looking cover? Well never content with what i have, i'm going to have to say the japanese reprint of Biohazard 4 PS2 version under the Playstation2 the Best label gets my vote.

No comments: