Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Freak Accident

Someone living very close to me had their collection completely damaged by the one thing that was there to protect it; dehumidifiers. All the moisture absorbed by the dehumidifiers seems to have leaked out from the container designed to hold it and with no where left to turn, the water ended up soaking into the CD case and sleeves. It's not a pretty sight i can tell you, the kind of freak accident that have to be seen to believe and the whole irony of where the source of damage actually came from is not lost on me. I have done this many times before, in fact i have placed my dehumidifiers in far more precarious position without a thought of what damage it might do should such a thing happen. Let this be a lesson to us all not to get carried away with over-protecting our precious collection because some times it does more harm than good.

Ever since i was little i have always had the habit of over-protecting my stuff what ever it may be. I guess i derived some sense of pride from how good my things still look but the fact is, it also doesn't make me very popular with friends as i have the tendency of not sharing my things. So if i have something i'm not willing to share with you, please don't take it the wrong way. Then again if i'm not sharing it with you, maybe it's because you are too much of a dick for me to be so nice to anyways.

No comments: