Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Word Gets Around

I got (coaxed into getting) Bayonetta over the weekend, laying to rest any earlier doubts seeing the negative comments surrounding the ps3 version. I guess it was inevitable that I would purchase the game regardless of how it turned out and which version was better. At least according to others.

Having failed to seriously get down to playing a string of action games of late, I was having doubts about whether I could sustain my interest and commit myself to Bayonetta. Especially since the Japanese import isn't exactly cheap. But perhaps that's exactly what I need right now and if any game possess that ability to keep me hooked until the very end, it's a Hideki Kamiya game. The last I heard of the game was the rather entertaining Q&A video session with Kamiya at Platinum Games official website where he was doing a gravure idol pose at the end of the session.

I do know that the Japanese version will ship several months earlier than other versions to give the game a better chance to perform overseas once the holiday seasons is over. I also know that the Japanese version will have a different cover art compared with the US version. All that remains is whether the Japanese version was import-friendly or not to seal the deal. Once the word got around that it was, I really had no excuse not to. The timing of it being just two weeks after my birthday didn't hurt either. And so it begins, the road back to gaming and hopefully the reboot of my good ole gaming blog.

No comments: