Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bloody Mess


While waiting for my copy of Siren: New Translation to arrive, i decided to sharp my demon-slaying skills by playing Devil May Cry 4 again. Upon unlocking the Bloody Palace on my last play, i never got around to even trying it one bit because I have heard you can literally play that mode for hours, working your way down each floor of the tower. Considering i only manage to make it to level 17 on my first try as Nero, I suspect i have a lot of grounds to cover if i even hope to finish it one day. Truth to be told, i never actually try the bloody palace in Devil May Cry 3 where it first made its debut. It can get tiring pretty fast with the hoards of enemies the game throws at you as you progress through the floors. The sheer number of demons on one floor can get pretty impressive and it got me thinking that the legendary dark knight mode included on the latter PC version could work on the console versions too.

I remember when the PC version first came out, i just finish the game for the first time on my Playstation 3. I enthusiastically posted on the official capcom forum whether that was any chance DMC4 could see a re-release on the PS3 with all the new PC additions similar to what they did with DMC3: Special Edition. Alas, my request was quickly shot down with the belief that the current consoles are not able to handle the legendary dark knight mode as it was made to harness the PC superior processing power. Somehow as a true-blue console gamer, i find it hard to accept that the definitive version of a game from my favourite video game developer residing on the PC platform.

No comments: