Thursday, January 15, 2009

In The Dark

My copy of Siren: New Translation arrived promptly on time and i got a chance to try it out a bit last night. The good news is Project Siren managed to address a lot of the shortcomings of the first Siren, making this remake more accessible to survival horror fans. Hints are provided throughout the first two levels but it never gets too easy as it merely points the player to the objective and how you go about achieving it is still up to the player. Some players may not welcome this addition but i for one thinks it's an improvement after having to find my way in the dark in original Playstation2 version.

Speaking of dark, this game is really dark i don't know if it's the settings on my TV or because i haven't play any horror games on my Playstation3 but i couldn't get used to moving in the dark initially and felt nausea towards the end of my play last night. Can't wait to really sink my teeth into this one once i get used to it...


No comments: