Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another Code

I have two versions of Code: Veronica which i'm contemplating which to play during my RE marathon leading up to RE5. I decided to try RE Code: Veronica on my ps3 since i managed to transfer my old ps2 game saves to my HD after picking up the memory card adaptor recently.

In this brief impression of the 80GB ps3 backward-compatibility with RE Code: Veronica, i'm sad to say that the game doesn't run as smooth as i hoped it would. Core game aside, i briefly try out the unlocked battle mode with umbrella bikini-ed Claire and to my dismay, the frame rate dips where there are more than five zombies on the scene at once. I couldn't tell from the game running but being a gun fanatic, i could tell from the sounds of the automatic gunfire that the game is not running as smoothly as it should. It's not to the point of the game being unplayable but it does get to you if you love the sound of gun-fire as much as i do.

To Sony credit, this was originally a Sega Dreamcast game before being ported to the Playstation2 and Gamecube so perhaps porting the code to run on the ps2 was already difficult enough much less to run on the ps3 with limited backward compatibility. Yet somehow i have a feeling i won't encounter such problems running the Gamecube version on my Nintendo Wii.



No comments: