Saturday, June 13, 2009

Diorama to Die For



Ask me if i have anything in mind to buy and i will usually have a endless list of games, artbooks and figures that i may never finish buying them all. It's less so with games these days as i have run out of space in my game collection but anything else which i can keep randomly somewhere in my room, i will not hesitate to pick them up. High on my list of stuff to get are the recent Biohazard Play-arts, a collection of diorama centering around key moments of the first game. I have been looking for these for quite some time now, probably because pictures of this collection were released very early on and my favourite online store didn't stock it until quite recently. In fact i have given up on the idea of Play-asia even bringing this in as they are usually quite fast going about these things. Then months after Resident Evil 5 came out, Play-asia finally starting to stock these at their store, by then the hype surrounding Resident Evil had sort of cool off and this collection slip off my radar so much that i even forgot to put a tag on it should it ever get discounted.

My last order at Play-asia was the regretfully unnecessary Resident Evil Prima Game Guide, seeing that Capcom released an official artbook recently and all i wanted in the Game Guide were those precious few pages of concept arts. Upset about my last few purchase, i sought to stay off from ordering at Play-asia for as long as i could only to get suckered back in when i found out today that the Biohazard Playarts Collection has already been discounted. All was going well until i realised that purchasing the entire set will not entitled me to the usual free delivery as these figures are shipped in rather bulky boxes so i could only order three and had to decided quickly which to get and which to drop momentarily. Right now my only concern is whether or not i should make a separate order for the remaining three figures of the set and how long they will still be around at discounted price before i decide to place my next order. I suppose the smart thing to do is the wait for the first three to arrive and see if they are really worth collecting the entire set.

No comments: