Monday, January 24, 2011

The Other Way Around

Just as I suspected, I managed to finish Dead Rising 2 before finishing the first Dead Rising (though I made quick work of finishing that one too a couple of days later). The Wii port of Dead Rising is indeed made longer by the gameplay changes implemented and as such there is little reason to go back to it unlike Dead Rising 2. It started to dawn on me just how much content was removed from the original when Capcom ported it to the Wii so aside from the missing psychopaths I'm not sure if there were multiple endings to the original Dead Rising. The ending I achieved felt like the true ending of Dead Rising though there were plenty of surprises along the way.

I'm pretty glad I finished the first Dead Rising because I lost interest after awhile and it was just sitting there idle at one point. Then I even contemplated of selling it but couldn't bring myself to do it. It took the Dead Rising 2 to finally get me playing the Wii game again though it was supposed to have been the other way around.


No comments: