Monday, March 16, 2009

Evil Helping

Before my Resident Evil 5 Collector Edition shipped, i made a rather impulse purchase by pre-ordering the limited edition strategy guide for the game. If you haven't been keeping up to date with strategy guides like me, yes they come in limited edition version too now. I don't really know what possessed me to get the guide as well seeing that i don't normally use them, i guess i felt the Collector's Edition was lacking an art book and i have read that the Limited Edition Guide will include some behind-the-scene content. Well if it turns out to be anything like the one Prima did for Metal Gear Solid 4 then i should be pretty please with it.

I remember my first ever strategy guide being a gift from my sister, Tomb Raider 2 not the proudest entry into my collection but it was probably the only guide which i actually made any use of it as i used it quite a lot to collect all the dragon stones that i missed. My subsequent strategy guide to some of my favourite games had been pretty lacklustre, like Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 2. Games have gotten much more complicated since then so i supposed game guide has also evolve with the time so it would be interesting to see if i'll make any use of it apart from the bonus content included inside the limited edition.

No comments: