Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chase The Bullet

Chase The Express was probably one of the only Sony second-party title that i got during the 32-bit playstation era. Heavily influenced by the Resident Evil series, i got this game precisely because of that having seen the screenshots but only played it once before i shelved my PSOne all those years back. I have vague memories about how i finished the game back then, not too well i believed judging from my previous saved file for the game. This time i managed to achieve the best possible ending, enabling me to unlock an extra scenario and ending for my second playthrough but it probably won't be anytime soon. It was much to my surprise as i thought i was doing really bad, having run short of ammo for my handgun and unable to find the assault rifle until much later on.

One thing i would like to highlight about this game is I have never seen full-motion video (FMV) cutscenes quite as bad as the ones in Chase The Express, in fact i rather wish they used the in-game models for all the cutscenes. The facial expression of the character are badly modeled, making the hero Jack Morton looked older than he should with unnecessary wrinkles when he cringes and frowns.


say hello to Boris, who brings ugly villains to a whole new level

No comments: