Monday, April 20, 2009

Windstruck

Having a biased love for all things cel-shaded, I was happy to finally get a chance to play one of the greatest cel-shaded game of all time, the Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker. Playing it not-so-religiously for a few months now in between other stuff, I have finally finished the game last weekend.

Despite being a rather short Zelda game, I wasn't in any hurry to finish it as I had nothing else I was rushing to play on the Wii. So towards the end, I took my time to explore the open seas and generally soaked in the game gorgeous graphics. Speaking of graphics, I thought the game looked like a Pixar animation when I first played it and the graphics really displayed full-effect during the day-breaking moments out in the sea and black-and-white sequences when the land of Hyrule was swallowed in darkness.

I was a little disappointed with the lacklustre ending and seeing that I left a lot of side-mission unfinished, I didn't really get a sense of fulfillment when I finish the game. Guess it's time to for a break from adventure games and get back to what I loved playing the most.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

about time u completed that game