Sunday, July 12, 2009

Red Hot and Ready to Rumble

My decision to purchase Ninja Gaiden Sigma Greatest Hits was purely an impulsive one, for the longest time i have avoided the series because of Itagaki verbal sparring with Kamiya. Of course being a kamiya fanboy, i was naturally on kamiya side but it pains me as an action junkie not having played what critics touted as one of the best action game of this generation.

The first game came out with a Gamestop-exclusive Collector's Edition and the standard version quickly went out of the print to be replaced by a Greatest Hits version. My only option was the Greatest Hits version and i wrestled with the notion of owning a GH this soon for the longest time. Since graphics are much more of a concern for me now, the fact the game runs at 60fps on 1080p certainly helped in making my decision. Also Itagaki's lack of involvement with the Sigma series and also his eventual departure from Tecmo also made the decision a lot easier. In the essence, it was the perfect fit as i was looking for something new to play on my ps3 and also to top up my order of the last remaining two Organic Biohazard diorama.

No comments: