Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Head to Head


Next week i shall attempt the unthinkable, to try and play both version of Okami simultaneously on my Wii and PS2. Playing different versions of multi-platform games is nothing new, I done so before with Resident Evil 4 on my Wii but there was roughly a year and a half gap between my first play on my PS2. I came off the experience, having new profound respect for the Gamecube version despite what many would say that the differences were hardly "noticeable".

With Okami, the differences aren't so clear cut i'm afraid. Sure, the PS2 version will likely remain the definitive version but the vibrant colours of the Wii version appeals to me as i have never been very fond of the washed-out look from the paper filter of the original version. In fact, to be honest i sorta lost interest during my first play-through of Okami on the PS2 and never even finished it! Of course, things are much different now that i have parted with my hard-earned money to get the Wii edition and will be playing it on my relatively "new" console. And being the completist that i am, i just have to see the credit sequence to round up the experience so that's why i'm intending to play both version together.

No comments: