Monday, May 19, 2008

Solid Fanbase


I was a pretty latecomer when it comes to the Metal Gear bandwagon, not having play the original MSX or even NES installments. In fact, when i first played Metal Gear Solid on my PC, development on the sequel was already well underway on the upcoming Playstation2. I guess you could say i was bought into the franchise by the enormous hype surrounding it and its large fanbase, among them being some of my close friends. To it's credit, every Metal Gear that i have played did live up to its hype but by the nature of my gaming preferences, i just lacked the patience for stealth games. In fact, i rarely ever score a good ranking at the end of the game as my number of times spotted will simply astonish you.

The great thing about Metal Gear is that everyone is attracted to the games for their own reasons or preferences, some loved the stealth gameplay others are intrigued by the storyline and quirky characters. For me, it would have to be the voice acting and motion-capture that you rarely find that kind of quality anywhere else. As much of a retro gamer that i am, the thing that fsacinate me the most about modern games are the cinematic aspect of it mainly the voice acting and motion capture work.

and what do i think of Hideo Kojima?

Let's just say he is not in my top five list of developers, not until he can proved that he can do something else apart just as good as Metal Gear.

No comments: