Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Second Opinion on NMH

I went back to playing No More Heroes in an effort to finish up my remaining batteries as soon as possible. It's been probably over a year since i last touched it, i was surprised to learn that i only spent a little over 18 hours in my first go especially since i clocked more than 40 hours on a much shorter game like Umbrella Chronicles. I still think the graphics looked great, cel-shading can do a lot to mask the technical limitations of a console and none is more apparent than here. I remember reading somewhere that NMH had ps2 standard graphics but i sincerely don't feel like that's the case.

I do agree that the game controls aren't very precise, some say you can play the game with your back to the screen, just wave the motes aimlessly and still can get by. I do believe that is possible, even more now that i'm playing on hard mode and still barely struggling despite the long lay-off. There are a lot of room for improvement so hopefully we get to see how far the sequel is coming along in the upcoming E3.

No comments: